Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Trying to Catch up...

I have been crazy busy and trying to catch up with classes so I haven't been able to write.

Yesterday, I only had one lab since Health Assessment Lab was canceled. In Essentials Lab today, we learned/played with restraints. It was actually pretty fun. We learned how to properly put them on patients, and how to properly tie them to the bed. This became a very fun game....


Half way through the semester, we go from a local clinic, to a VA long term care unit. Since it is the VA, we had about 100 pages of extra paperwork to do that is due Wednesday. So last night I sit down and filled out all of the paperwork. And of course, there was an extra class that we needed to take online to get a certificate to work at the VA. This took me about 2 hours to complete. Night shot. Night night....

Then today class was at 7:30, Roles of a Professional Nurse. Then at 10:00, Community Nursing.... and all i can say about that class... is 
zzZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzz
We do have a test next week in this class though! Smart move huh?

Afterwards I took the UCF shuttle over to campus. The ride isn't too bad. It only took about 15 minutes, but I figured it is better than buying a parking pass and it takes that long to drive over and find parking anyways. I checked out the gym, did some errands, signed up for SNA, then came home. Which leads me to where I am right now... munching on mangos and trying to start this long list of stuff I need to do by Sunday....

Essentials 3028 -
Read Client Safety, Mobility/Immobility
Calculating with Confidence Modules 6, 7, 8, and 9
Calculating with Confidence Quiz Unit 2
Mobility/Immobility Quiz

Health Assessment 3065 - 
Read Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10

Community Nursing 3634 - 
Read pages 1-6, 10, 31-47, 64-81, 472-475, Chapter 16, 17, 18, 10 and 20
Read from A&B book Chapters 1-4
Test a week from today on above reading.
Literacy Modules 1, 2, 3, 4
Tobacco Modules 1, 2, 3, 4

Roles of Professional Nursing 3825 - 
Read Chapters 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 25

Community CNC - 
Informant Interview

And I am surrounded with all of Bradley's toys because he keeps bringing them to me and you wouldn't believe how tempting it is to throw a ball. This weekend there's a UCF game that I want to volunteer at, my parents might be coming into town, my friends baby shower, and I need to pick up my check (I got fired btw, the only place I have ever been fired from. She said I don't have enough availability, but I'm available 4 days a week. She just has an excuse to not work me on the other days. I should have turned in my 2 weeks, she beat me to the punch.)

Sighing heavily,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment